You Know It

You know you're getting old when:

  • You really DO need to read the instructions when messing with your new iTouch/iPhone
  • The oldies station consists of music from your days in high school
  • You refer to your 26 year old personal trainer as a"kid"
  • Glasses are your new best accessory
  • Bedtime hits before American Idol is over
  • You get your hair done every other month to avoid showing stray grays
  • You find yourself humming Seals and Croft tunes in the shower
  • Your on a first name basis with your cosmetic dermatologist

You know you've still got it when:

  • You look and feel better at 40 then you did at 30
  • Batting your eyes and smiling still works
  • Beach season doesn't scare you
  • You truly do look better with no make up
  • "But you don't look 40" is a now frequent catch phrase
  • Workouts invigorate, not intimidate, you
  • 12 years later your wedding dress is too big

What would YOU add?

11 tell it like it is:

Mandy :

I'm a late 20 something and I refer to people 21/22 and under as kids. Yay for still having it!

Britt :

I did bullets today too..it's in the air.

Wedding dress too big? Holy moly girl! Well done :)

Amber :

This was cute! :)

I'm glad you're feeling so good!! I'm jealous you're near the beach, I've been itching for some sun, sand and surf!!

TC :

I call people older than me "kid" all the time :)

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts :

Ok, this is a great list because I can so relate to most of what's on both lists! I love it and so very true.

KennethSF :

Hey, I happen to think women with glasses are sexy. :-)

edina monsoon :

YOu know you're getting old when...you start telling stories which start with the line " during our time..."

Marissa :

I love this! My boyfriend is younger than me and that alone makes me feel older all the time. He doesn't even know some of the songs or TV shows I grew up with. Drives me crazy! Makes me feel ancient. :)

Ally :

You've still got it when...you still love sprinting and playing kickball; you're more comfortable with your body (even if it doesn't look as good as it did) than ever before because you realize that's not where your value is; and you went skating last night :)

Princess Pointful :

Three coolers over the course of an entire late night leaves you with a raging headache the next day. Don't even get me started on a few glasses of wine... sigh.

Happy happy belated birthday!! Sorry I've been such a horrible commenter lately!

123456789 :

louboutin shoes, The street wear for the street smart speaks a lot about the fashion Christian Louboutin pumps concepts of Christian Louboutin shoes Line. The suave cuts and colors in theChristian Louboutin Sandals christian louboutin sale, we sale Yves Saint Laurent Slingbacks Christian Louboutin Pumps Hoodies has become a popular Christian Louboutin Boots flair among those who choose http://www.chlsale.com to mellow on their daily garb Christian Louboutin Slingback.