You Broke Your Rib Doing What?

Remember when you broke or fractured bones doing fun and exciting things like riding a bike or skiing? No more. As much as I'd like to say I was sky diving or saving a life I must humbly admit here that I fractured my rib working out. To add insult to injury (no pun intended) I was with my trainer. I know, I know save the countless jokes I've already heard about making sure NOT to hire my trainer but I promise you when I say it was only partially his fault.

The machine in question was the leg press and I was using way too much weight (yes, clearly HIS fault!). I was on my 15th rep and when I went to extend my legs I heard and audible 'pop' and felt this immense pain in my side. Not wanting to humiliate myself I bravely finished the rep then got up and, clutching my side, managed to finish my workout on the bike before heading home. The pain grew progressively worse over the next day or so finally urging me to seek medical advice. One X-Ray later I learned that the audible 'pop' had not been imagined.

The worst thing about it is the pain as there's so little you can do to minimize it and it shoots through you when you make the slightest of movements. Needless to say I'm 86'ed from the gym until further notice and as for my trainer? He feels awful but I'm keeping him.

Now if next month I break my leg then I'll reconsider....

4 tell it like it is:

Britt :

Owch!! Feel better soon!!

Chris H :

OUCH!!! I can only imagine how much that hurts! Poor you...

Pajama :

Ai! I hope it didn`t hurt too much.

boycottamericanwomen :

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
Why American men should boycott American women

http://boycottamericanwomen.blogspot.com/

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don't know how to cook or clean, don't want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!