Now anyone who knows me know my Golden Retriever, Abby, is my life. As evidenced by her dining habits, she is treated as well, if not better then, myself. Howso? You may wonder? Here are just a few tid bits:
- She's only allowed bully-sticks as treats and, at $6.99 a stick, they might as well be dipped in Gold leafing.
- She's groomed, and I mean hair, nails, teeth, anal glands (yep, I said it) and face every couple of months, depending on her, ahem, needs.
- Her food, including milk bones are organic and grain-free. I'd say it's for allergies but you wouldn't believe me.
- All her toys are Kong so she won't accidentally break apart or ingest them.
- She's never kenneled. When I travel either she travels with or is kept at my house with a live-in dog-sitter.
Good. I've done my job.
So while I try to adhere to some Paleo eating habits, my hound eats a nutritional, sustainable, organic diet fit for, well, a person.